Planned Development & Design Review
Lotus Alchemy – Planned Development & Design Review at 28 W 700 S
Petition Number: PLNPCM2022-00489 and PLNPCM2022-00442
Zoning District: Downtown Support District (D-2)
Council District: District 4, represented by Ana Valdemoros
Salt Lake City has received a request from Grant Wise, representing Lotus Greenline LLC, requesting Planned Development and Design Review approval to develop a proposed 214-unit mixed-use project at approximately 28 West 700 South. The site consists of three parcels totaling 1.84 acres. The subject parcel is located in the D-2 Downtown Support District with a height of 72 feet 6 inches. The building is 5 levels over a 2-level parking structure with 256 stalls. The ground level includes 3 commercial spaces and a lobby/leasing office. A privately-owned public midblock walkway is also proposed. Each unit will have designated parking located in an underground garage that is accessed via the alleyway to the north of the property.
Planned Development and Design Review approval is required for the following zoning modifications:
- Buildings over sixty-five feet (65′) in height must go through the Design Review process.
- The proposed façade length of 293 feet exceeds the maximum street-facing façade length of 200 feet.
- The project exceeds the maximum parking allowed in the D-2 zone.
Additional modifications may be considered as part of the review process.
Property located at approximately 54, 28, 18 W 700 S.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Central 9th Community Council, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Notice was also sent to the Ballpark Community Council because it is within 600’ of the project area. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: June 13, 2022
- End of Comment Period: July 22, 2022
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Krissy Gilmore, Senior Planner // email@example.com // 801.535.7780