Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) at 926 S 800 E
Petition Number: PLNPCM2022-00569
Zoning District: R-1/5000
Council District: District 5
Timothy Vreeland, representing the property owner, is seeking Conditional Use approval for a detached Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) at 926 S 800 E. The property is in the R-1/5,000 Single-Family Residential zoning district. The ADU will be built above a detached garage and measure approximately 560-square-feet in size and will be constructed in the rear yard behind the primary residence.
Property located at approximately 926 S 800 E.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chairs of the East Liberty Park and East Central Community Councils, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Jason Stevenson, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, Chair of East Liberty Park Community Council
- Esther Hunter, email@example.com, Chair of East Central Community Council
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: September 19, 2022
- End of Comment Period: October 9, 2022
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Katilynn Harris, Principal Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.6179