Zoning Map Amendment
Zoning Map Amendment at 1549 S 1000 W
Petition Number: PLNPCM2022-00733
Current Zoning District: R-1/7000, Single-Family Residential
Proposed Zoning District: R-MU-35, Residential/Mixed Use
Salt Lake City has received a request from TAG Real Estate to amend the zoning map for the properties located at 1549 S 1000 W, 1551 S 1000 W, 1565 S 1000 W and 1574 S 900 W. The proposal would rezone the property from R-1/7000, Single-Family Residential, to R-MU-35, Residential/Mixed Use District. The combined lots are approximately 1.65 acres or 71,721 square feet in size. The proposed amendment to the Zoning Map is intended to allow the property owner to pursue a multi-family use for the properties. Future development plans were not submitted with this application. The properties are located in the Westside Master Plan boundaries.
Property located at approximately 1549 S 1000 W, 1551 S 1000 W, 1565 S 1000 W, and 1574 S 900 W.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of Glendale Community Council, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair of this organization to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for this group is as follows:
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: September 21, 2022
- End of Comment Period: November 6, 2022
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Katilynn Harris, Principal Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.6179