Unico Design Review
Petition Number: PLNPCM2022-00980
Zoning District: Central Business District (D-1)
Council District: Number 4
Salt Lake City received a request from Norah Potter with Lake Union Partners, representing the property owner, for a Design Review. The requested application is to facilitate a redevelopment on the subject site. The proposed redevelopment would facilitate mixed-use structure, with retail on the ground floor and residential on the upper floors. The proposed redevelopment would exceed the height allowed by right in the D-1 (Central Business District) zoning district for a mid-block building. The requested building height is approximately 129’.
The Unico project is located on three separate parcels encompassing approximately 203, 250 East 200 South and 175 South 200 East.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Downtown Alliance and Central City Community Councils, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Becca Carlson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dee Brewer, email@example.com
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: November 21, 2022
- End of Comment Period: January 5, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Nan Larsen, Senior Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.7645