Planned Development and Design Review
Petition Number: PLNPCM2022-01165 and PLNPCM2022-01166
Zoning District: CG – General Commercial District
Council District: D5 – Represented by Darin Mano
Salt Lake City has received a request from SMH Builders for Planned Development and Design Review approval to construct a new multi-family project consisting of 287 units on the property at approximately 1050 S Washington Street. The structure is proposed to be 73 feet 10 inches in height. Existing structures will be removed and replaced with the new development. The property is located in the CG (General Commercial) Zoning District.
Design Review approval is required for the following reasons:
- Constructing a building that would be taller than 60 feet in height. (21A.26.070.F)
Planned Development approval is required for the following zoning modifications:
- Encroachment of balconies into required front and rear yards. (21A.26.070.D)
- Lobby canopy encroachment into required front yard. (21A.26.070.D.1)
- Transformer box located in front yard area, closer than one foot to the front property line and without required screen. (21A.40.160.C.1b)
There may be other zoning-related items that arise during the application review process.
Located at approximately 1050 S Washington Street.
- The project will be reviewed as a Planned Development and Design Review proposal by Staff and will be scheduled for a public hearing at an upcoming Planning Commission meeting.
- Additional information including the date, agenda, and staff report will be posted as they are available.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
The public comment period has closed. For additional information on this project please contact the staff planner.
Michael McNamee, Principal Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.7226