Zoning Map Amendment
1463 S & 1467 S Cheyenne Street – Zoning Map Amendment
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00096
Zoning District: R-1/7,000 Residential District
Council District: D2 – Represented by Alejandro Puy
Salt Lake City has received a request from Bert Holland, property owner representative, to amend the zoning map for the properties located at approximately 1463 S and 1467 S Cheyenne Street. The proposal would rezone the property from R-1/7,000 Single Family Residential to SR-3 Special Development Pattern Residential District. The two lots are approximately .76 acres or 33,000 square feet. The proposed amendment to the Zoning Map is intended to allow the property owner to subdivide the property and build additional dwelling units. Future development plans were not submitted with this application.
Located at approximately 1463 S & 1467 S Cheyenne Street.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Glendale Community Council, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Glendale Community Council – Turner Bitton at email@example.com.
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make a recommendation to the City Council.
- The City Council will hold another public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: March 6, 2023
- End of Comment Period: April 21, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Amanda Roman, Urban Designer // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.7660