Design Review & Planned Development
Ballpark Apartments at 1365 S Jefferson Street – Design Review & Planned Development
Petition Number: PLNPCM2022-01185 & PLNPCM2023-00160
Project Location: 1365 S Jefferson Street
Zoning District: CG – General Commercial
Council District: D5 – Represented by Darin Mano
Salt Lake City has received a request from Doug Thimm of Architectural Nexus, representing the property owner, requesting Design Review and Planned Development approval to develop a proposed 115 unit residential project at approximately 1365 S Jefferson Street. The site consists of four parcels totaling approximately .75 acres. The subject parcel is located in the CG General Commercial District
The mixed-use residential building is 7 stories tall with a proposed height of 85 feet. Design Review approval is required for buildings over 60 feet in the CG zone. The project will provide 2,500 square feet of ground floor retail space fronting Jefferson Street and 123 parking stalls.
Design Review and Planned Development approval is required for the following zoning modifications, but additional modifications may be considered as a part of the review process:
- An increase in maximum building height from 60 feet to 85 feet. The maximum height permitted, with Design Review approval, is 90 feet.
- Reduction in the front yard setback (along Jefferson Street) from 10 feet to 5 feet.
- Reduction in the required landscape buffer yard abutting a residential district from 15 feet to 10 feet. The property to the east is zoned RB Residential Business.
Located at approximately 1365 S Jefferson Street.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Ballpark Community Council, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Ballpark Community Council – Amy Hawkins at email@example.com
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: March 2, 2023
- End of Comment Period: April 17, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Amanda Roman, Urban Designer // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.7660