This Online Open House has been closed; a decision was made by City Council on November 7, 2023. For additional information regarding the decision, please contact the Staff Planner listed under the “Public Comments and Questions” section of this page. Thank you!
General Plan Amendment
North Temple Boulevard General Plan Amendment
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00327
Zoning District: TSA-UN-T Transit Station Area- Urban Neighborhood- Transition Area
Council District: District 2, Alejandro Puy
Salt Lake City is initiating an amendment to the North Temple Boulevard Plan (NTBP) to remove the recommendation to relocate Madsen Park. The NTBP recommends relocating the park to a more central location within the Euclid neighborhood. However, the community has indicated that there is a preference to maintain Madsen Park at its current location and improve the park to help provide open space for the increase in density along North Temple.
Property located at approximately North Temple Boulevard Plan Area.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chairs of the Fairpark and Poplar Grove Community Councils, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Poplar Grove Community Council Chair, Esther Stowell, email@example.com
- Fairpark Community Council Chair, Nigel Swaby, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will consider all public comments received and make appropriate modifications to better meet the needs of the City and Community.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make a recommendation to City Council.
- City Council will hold a public hearing for additional public comments, the City Council will have the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this process?
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Public Comment Period: June 5, 2023
- End of the Public Comment Period: July 20, 2023
Seth Rios, Associate Planner // email@example.com // 801.535.7758
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.