500 S and 400 E – Zoning Map Amendment
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00403
Zoning District: RMU-45, Residential/Mixed Use District
Overlay District: Groundwater Source Protection
Council District: District 4, represented by Ana Valdemoros
Zachary Jones of Cowboy Partners, on behalf of the property owners, is requesting a Zoning Map Amendment for the properties at approximately 357 E 500 S, 375 E 500 S, 464-466 S 400 E, and 460-462 S 400 E. The proposal is for a map amendment from RMU-45 to the TSA-UC-C zoning district. This zoning district allows for greater building height than permitted in the RMU-45 zoning district. The four properties are approximately 1.28 acres, or 55,750 sq. ft. Future development plans were not submitted with the application.
Located at approximately 357 E 500 S, 375 E 500 S, 464-466 S 400 E, and 460-462 S 400 E.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Central City Neighborhood Council, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair of this organization to determine whether the community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Central City Neighborhood Council – Rhianna Riggs, email@example.com.
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make a recommendation to the City Council. The Planning Commission forwarded a positive recommendation to the City Council on September, 13, 2023.
- The City Council will hold another public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this process?
Planning staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Public Comment Period: June 15, 2023
- End of the Public Comment Period: July 31, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Sara Javoronok, AICP, Senior Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.7625