Outdoor Tavern at Epic Brewing Located at 825 S State St.
Application Type: Conditional Use
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00469
Project Location: 825 S State St.
Zoning District: D-2
Council District: District 5, represented by Darin Mano
The petitioner, Calli Bennett of Epic Brewing Company and representing the property owner, EBCRE LLC, is seeking Conditional Use approval to operate an outdoor tavern on the east side of the existing establishment located at 825 South State Street. All outdoor taverns located within the D-2 district require Conditional Use approval.
The intent of this proposal is to expand offered services in an existing alcohol related establishment called Epic Brewing, by creating a Beer Garden feature on the east side of the property at 825 South State Street. The proposed tavern area is 5056 sq/ft. There is currently a structure on the property that will be used to store and serve alcohol. About 90% of the proposed area will be used as an outdoor space for seating.
Located at approximately 825 South State Street.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Central City Community Council, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows: Rhianna Riggs, email@example.com
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: July 18, 2023
- End of Comment Period: August 31, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Ben Buckley // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801-535-7142