Self-Guided Walking Tour: Join us for a self-guided walking tour of the Ballpark neighborhood to learn about the proposed Ballpark Station Area Rezones on Monday, October 2, 2023 from 5 – 7 PM // View Event Flyer
Zoning Map Amendment
756 S Montgomery Street Rezone
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00607
Application Type: Zoning Map Amendment
Zoning District: R-1/5000, Single-Family Residential District
Overlay District: Airport Flight Path Protection Overlay – Influence Zone H
Council District: District 2 – Represented by Alejandro Puy
Salt Lake City has initiated a request to amend the zoning map for City-owned property at 756 South Montgomery Street from R-1/5000, Single-Family Residential District to RMF-30, Low-Density Multi-Family Residential District to support appropriately scaled housing choices as recommended by the Westside Plan. Other zoning districts that are similar in scale may be considered based on community feedback.
Located at approximately 756 South Montgomery Street.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Poplar Grove Community Council, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows: Poplar Grove Community Council Chair // Esther Stowell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-449-0551.
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make a recommendation to the City Council.
- The City Council will hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make a final decision.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process?
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: September 11, 2023
- End of Comment Period: October 27, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Michael McNamee, Principal Planner // email@example.com // 801.535.7226