Electronic Message Centers (EMC) Text Amendments
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00669
Application Type: Text Amendment
Project Location: Citywide
Salt Lake City is proposing to amend the Sign Ordinance to create standards regulating electronic message centers, or electronic signs. The proposed standards will include things like brightness limits, display hours, and identify zones where they are not permitted.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chairs of all the city’s Community Councils who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows: view the full list of Recognized Community Council Chairs.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this process?
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: December 11, 2023
- End of Comment Period: March 27, 2024
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Katilynn Harris, Principal Planner // email@example.com // 801.535.6179