Group Service Projects
When was the last time you used your outdoor voice? Get out of the office and build relationships with your colleagues, friends, family and nature. Projects for first time volunteer groups focus on habitat maintenance and restoration projects—such as removing invasive plants, mulching, debris removal, weed picking, tree planting or tending trails throughout Salt Lake City’s Trails and Natural Lands.
- Dates: Spring (April/May/June) and Fall (September/October) are ideal times for volunteer projects. We plan events 6-12 weeks in order to coordinate the project.
- Time: Projects are generally scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Projects typically start at 9:00 am or 1:00 pm, and last between 1.5-3 hours.
- Group size: Minimum 6, Maximum 50 people; for groups over 50, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator to see what specialty projects are available. Capacity is determined by tools, parking, staff, and general property impact.
- What to expect: Prepare to get dirty and work outside for several hours. It’s always possible to encounter bugs, prickly plants and weather or temperature changes.
- Donations to Trails & Natural Lands: We make it a practice to reach out to our corporate partners to ask them to consider supporting Natural Lands with a donation or sponsorship. We’ll ask you who best to contact!
To schedule a Group Service Project, please complete a Volunteer Interest Form. For questions or additional information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Katie Riser, at (801) 514-5059 or email email@example.com.