Main Street Apartments
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00245
Zoning District: FB-UN2
Council District: District 5, Darin Mano
Salt Lake City has received a request from Ryan Mackowiak on behalf of the property owners, requesting a Planned Development to develop the following properties: 1498, 1518, 1530,1540 and 1546 Main Street and 1515 S Richard St. Their proposal is a mixed-use housing project with 245 units and 1700 square feet of commercial space.
Planned Development approval is required for the following zoning modifications:
- Building façade over 200 feet.
- To allow exterior insulation finishing systems (EIFS) on street facing façades. Code requires EIFS be only used as trim in these areas.
Additional modifications may be considered as part of the review process.
Located at approximately 1498, 1518, 1530,1540 and 1546 Main Street and 1515 S Richard St.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Ballpark Community Council, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows: Amy Hawkins, email@example.com
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
- This item has been scheduled for a public hearing at the September 13th Planning Commission. View meeting agenda
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this process?
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: April 17, 2023
- End of Comment Period: June 1, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Cassie Younger, Senior Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.6211