Zoning Map Amendment
1300 South Commercial Rezone
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00385
Zoning District: R-1-7,000 Single-Family Residential
Council District: District 6 – Dan Dugan
Tyler Morris, the applicant representing the property owner, has submitted a petition for a Zoning Amendment for the properties located at 2260, 2270, and 2290 E. 1300 South. The properties are currently zoned R-1-7000, which is a single-family residential zone. The petition is to rezone the properties to CB- Community Business. The CB zone allows for a wider range of land uses including multi-family, commercial, retail, and restaurants. However, a specific development proposal has not been provided at this point.
Located at approximately 2260, 2270, 2290 E. 1300 South.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the East Bench Community Council, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows: Anthony Wright – email@example.com
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- A public hearing with the Planning Commission has been scheduled for September 13, 2023. The Planning Commission will make a recommendation to the City Council for final action on the proposal.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this process?
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Public Comment Period: July 3, 2023
- End of the Public Comment Period: August 17, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Eric Daems, Senior Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.7236