Directions & Seasons of Operation
From Parley’s Canyon: From exit 134 on I-80, go north on State Highway 65 for just over 5 miles.
From Emigration Canyon: Follow the canyon road (Little Mountain Pass) to State Highway 65, and then turn north.
The reservations only campground is typically open from Memorial Day weekend to October 31st. The campground may close earlier in cases of early season snowstorms or inclement weather. Other potential closures possible due to maintenance.
Each site has a grill and a picnic table. Please note that there is no potable water or power. Cell service is dependent on cell provider and unavailable for most at this time.
Call Watershed Management at (801) 483-6705 during regular business hours.
Reservations are required to camp in Affleck Park. Reservations are now online only. Reservations are typically taken starting the first Monday of March. For 2023 reservations will most likely open in late March. After that, reservations may be made up to one day in advance 24 hours a day online. Click here to make a reservation.
Reservation Area #1 allows trailers and campers equal to or less than 15 feet.
Reservation Areas #2 and #3 are tent camping only.
Individual sites: 8 people/2 car capacity
- Weekdays and Weekends: $15/day
- Trailer space is limited. Please check on specific site restrictions when you make a reservation.
Reservation Area #2: 45 people/10 car capacity
- Weekdays: $50/day
- Weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday): $100/day
Reservation Area #4: 90 people/14 car capacity
- Weekdays: $100/day
- Weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday): $200/day
- Area #4 allows trailers and campers equal to or less than 15 feet.
Reserving more than one individual campsite by groups or one individual is not allowed. Please reserve either Area #2 or #4 if you would like to camp with a group. This policy is strictly enforced.
Refunds are not issued for any reason, including emergencies or inclement weather; however, a reservation date and location may be changed within 48 hours notice.
Violation of any of the following rules may result in loss of camping permit and/or fines:
- No dogs allowed, protected watershed area.
- Reservation-holders must have their reservation permit at their reserved site at all times.
- Maximum stay is 4 nights.
- Check in and checkout time is 1pm and check out is 12pm.
- You are responsible for making sure the gate is locked after arriving and leaving. Failure to do so will result in a temporary or permanent ban from Affleck Park. Do not share the gate combination with other parties.
- Campfires must be attended at all times.
- No wood collection onsite is permitted. All firewood must be brought from outside the canyon.
- The speed limit is 15 mph.
- Campground quiet hours are 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. All generators must be turned off, noise kept to a minimum, no loud music, etc. at this time.
- No parking on vegetation.
- No beer kegs, live bands, or amplified music.
- No discharge of weapons of any kind, including but not limited to firearms, bow and arrows, paintballs, wrist rockets, air soft guns, rifles, pistols, muzzle loaders, and BB guns.
Questions? Call Watershed at 801-483-6705 for more information.