Salt Lake City

Public Utilities

Customer Service: (801) 483-6900 | Report Emergency: (801) 483-6700

Development Services

Welcome to Development Services

To submit for a permit, please use Public Access here and reference the following help guides:
Public Access How To
Public Access How To – Dry Utility Reviews
Please note that any projects that require an associated building permit with SLC Building Services must be submitted via the Citizen Access Portal. Please do not submit any projects here that will be reviewed via SLC Building Services. The following applications are accepted directly by Public Utilities:
• Repair Permits
• New Construction (outside of SLC limits)
• Dry Utility Reviews

Development Services

The Development Services office is open to walk-in customers 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Only one customer is allowed within the office at a time.

Development Services staff is available by phone Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please email for assistance outside of these hours.

The Development Service office is closed for all City observed Holidays

Development Services Team:

Karryn Greenleaf | Development Services Contracts, Water Rights and Property Manager
Phone: 801-483-6769

Utility Development

  • Bruce Leaf | Utility Planner & Development Coordinator
    • Permits and fees coordination
  • Ali Gee | Utility Planner & Development Coordinator
    • Certificates of Occupancy
    • Fire Flow requests
    • Water shares on culinary accounts
  • Kira Lauffs | Utility Development Review Specialist 
  • Valerie KenyonUtility Development Review Specialist
  • Sophie Friedrichs | Utility Development Review Specialist

Property, Easements, and Canyon Water

SLCDPU-owned property and/or easements
Canyon water sales, FCOZ Water/Watershed letters
Jordan and Salt Lake City Canal property questions and submittals

Records Management

Development Review

Plan Review and Permits

  • Plan Review – City and County
  • Floodplain Development Permits
  • Riparian Corridor Permits

Development Review Team