Condition Use – Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU)
939 E. 1700 S. Accessory Dwelling Unit
Petition Number: PLNPCM2022-00394
Zoning District: R-1-5000 (Residential)
Council District: District 5 – Represented by Darin Mano
Morgan Zack, representing the property owners, is requesting Conditional Use approval to build a detached accessory dwelling unit (ADU), approximately 640 square feet in size and 12’1” tall, that will be located in the northeast corner of the rear yard at approximately 939 East 1700 South. The subject property is approximately 0.16 acres (6,969 square feet) in size and is in the R-1-5,000 Residential District. This zone is a single-family residential district, where ADU’s that are detached from the primary residence must be processed as a conditional use and approved by the Planning Commission. All additional code requirements can be reviewed in Section 21A.40.200 of the Zoning Ordinance.
Property located at approximately 939 East 1700 South.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the East Liberty Park Community Organization where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Jason Stevenson, East Liberty Park Community Organization Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Landon Clark, Sugar House Community Council Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: May 31, 2022
- End of Comment Period: July 15, 2022
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Diana Martinez, Principal Planner // email@example.com // 801.535.7215