Warnock Commons Planned Development
Petition Number: PLNPCM2022-00864
Zoning District: RMF-35 (Moderate Density Multi-Family Residential District)
Council District: D7, represented by Amy Fowler
Salt Lake City has received a request from Altus Development Group for Planned Development approval to construct 20 townhomes on the property at 2435 S 500 E. Existing structures will be removed and replaced with the new development. The property is located in the RMF-35 (Moderate Density Multi-Family) Zoning District. There may be other zoning-related items that arise during the application review process.
Planned Development approval is required for the following zoning modifications:
- Principal buildings without frontage on a public street. (21A.36.010.B.1)
- A reduction in the interior side yard required for side entry buildings from 12’ to 9-11’ on the south side of the property. (21A.24.010.H)
- A reduction in the required interior side yard for multi-family dwellings in the RMF-35 zoning district from 10’ to 9’ in some areas, again on the south side of the property. (21A.24.130.E.3.d)
- A reduction in the required landscape buffer from 10’ to 5’, again on the south side of the property. (21A.48.080.C.1)
- A waiver of the freeway scenic landscape setback size requirements along the I-80 frontage. (21A.48.110.D)
Property located at approximately 2435 S 500 E.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: November 2, 2022
- End of Comment Period: December 19, 2022
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Michael McNamee, Principal Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.7226