This Online Open House will provide an opportunity for you to review information about the proposal and provide any questions or comments. This Open House meeting will be an electronic meeting pursuant to the Salt Lake City Emergency Proclamation.
Bumper House Design Review and Planned Development
Petition Number: PLNPCM2021-00168 & PLNPCM2021-00169
Zoning District: CG General Commercial District
Council District: District 5, Represented by Darin Mano
SMH Builder, representing the property owner, is requesting Design Review and Planned Development approval to build a 287-unit multifamily residential building on the properties located at approximately 1050 and 1040 S Washington Street. Specifically, the applicant is requesting an increase in the allowable building height from 60 feet to 77 feet 10 inches through the Design Review and balcony encroachments into the required front yard through the Planned Development.
Property located at approximately at 1050 and 1040 S Washington Street
- Notice of this application has bene sent to the Ball Park and Central 9th Community Councils. Please contact the Community Council Chairs for more information on the scheduled meeting. You can find information regarding community councils at https://www.slc.gov/community-councils/.
- Notification has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project.
- Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and decide on the matter.
- If the Planning Commission approves the request, the project will move to the building permit review.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Public Comment Period: May 3, 2021
- End of the Public Comment Period: June 17, 2021
Chris Earl // email@example.com // 385-386-2760
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.