Design Review and Planned Development
SPARK! Mixed Use Development
Petition Number: PLNPCM2022-00708 and PLNPCM2022-00709
Zoning District: TSA-MUEC-C – Transit Station Area Mixed-Use Employment Center Core
Council District: District 1 – Victoria Petro-Eschler
KTGY Architects, on behalf of Brinshore Development has requested Design Review and Planned Development approval for the SPARK! Mixed Use Development project to be located at approximately 1500 W North Temple. The 2.1 acre (90,000 square feet) parcel is owned by the Redevelopment Agency of Salt Lake City and is located in the TSA-MUEC-C (Transit Station Area Mixed-Use Employment Center Core) zoning district. The proposed project is for a mixed-use building that will include 200 living units as well as ground floor retail space and a daycare center. The building will consist of 6 stories with 5 stories of living space located over the parking and retail/daycare elements. The following petitions are associated with this proposal:
- Design Review – PLNPCM2022-00708 – Required to approve the three (3) street-facing building facades which exceed the maximum length of 200-feet.
- Planned Development – PLNPCM2022-00709 – Planned Development approval is required to modify the minimum height of the front street-facing building wall as well as some of the street-facing building setbacks.
Property located at approximately 1500 W North Temple.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Jordan Meadows Community Council where the property is located. Notice has also been sent to the Chairs of the Poplar Grove and Fairpark Community Councils which are within 600 feet of the project area. These organizations may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Recognized organizations are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300-feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make a final decision on these petitions.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
The public comment period closed on October 17, 2022. For additional information on this project please contact the staff planner.
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Wayne Mills – Planning Manager // email@example.com // 801.535.7282