404 W 400 S Addition
Petition Number: PLNPCM2022-00750
Zoning District: D-3 Warehouse / Residential
Council District: 2, represented by Alejandro Puy
Salt Lake City has received the following requests from Rob Moore representing Big-D Construction for the property located at 404 W 400 S:
- Approval to construct a 31,350 square foot 3-story addition to their existing 64,573 square foot office building.
- A 4-level parking structure that is connected to the office building. Conditional Use approval is required for commercial parking.
The subject property is located in the D-3 (Downtown Warehouse / Residential) Zoning District. Controls over Mixed Use exist in the D-3 zone. Per SLC zoning ordinance 21A.30.040 3. Commercial/office uses in buildings of three (3) stories or more without multi-family dwellings shall be allowed only as a conditional use and then only when the applicant has demonstrated that the proposed location is not suitable for multi-family residential use.
Property located at approximately 400 W 400 S.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Downtown Alliance, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Dee Brewer, 801-333-1103, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: September 15, 2022
- End of Comment Period: October 31, 2022
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Grant Amann, Associate Planner // email@example.com // 801.535.6171