Zoning Text Amendment
Nonconforming Signs Text Amendment
Petition Number: PLNPCM2022-00984
Zoning District: Citywide
The city is proposing to amend the Nonconforming Signs Zoning Ordinance to permitted modifications to and maintenance of signs that do not conform with the zoning code.
- Notice of this application has been sent to all Community Councils, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing and make a recommendation to the City Council, which will make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: February 6, 2023
- End of Comment Period: March 23, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Katilynn Harris, Principal Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.6179