Zoning Map Amendment
Rezone 1720 & 1734 S. West Temple St
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00106
Zoning District: R-1-5,000 (Residential)
Proposed Zoning District: R-MU-45 (Residential Mixed Use)
Council District: D5 – represented by Darin Mano
Larsen Sequist is requesting to amend the zoning map for the properties at approximately 1720 S. and 1734 S. West Temple St. (15-13-427-006-0000 and 15-13-427-007-0000). The proposal would rezone the subject properties from R-1-5,000 (Residential) to R-MU-45 (Residential Mixed Use). The subject properties are 0.25 and 0.24 acres respectively (10,890 and 10,454 square feet). No development plans were submitted with this application.
Located at approximately 1720 & 1734 S. West Temple St.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Ballpark Community Council, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Amy J. Hawkins // email@example.com // 703-728-9151
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this process?
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: March 20, 2023
- End of Comment Period: June 20, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Diana Martinez, Principal Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.7215