30 West – Design Review
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00126
Zoning District: D-2, Downtown Support District
Council District: District 5
The applicant, Rachel Barnhart with AO Architects, representing the property owner, is requesting Design Review approval to develop the property at approximately 30 West 900 South in the D-2, Downtown Support District. The proposal is to construct a 7 story, multifamily residential, mixed-use building with 218 residential dwelling units. The unit mix includes 69 studios, 94 one-bedroom and 12 two-bedroom units. The first floor of the building will consist of an interior parking structure, office and commercial spaces, and a residential lobby. Floors 2-7 will consist of residential units and associated amenity spaces including a roof top courtyard with a swimming pool on the 2nd floor.
The applicant is proposing a building height of 90 feet 9 inches. Buildings over 65 feet in height in the D-2 zone are subject to the Design Review process.
Located at approximately 30 W 900 S.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Ballpark Community Council and the Central 9th Community Council, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Ballpark Community Council – Amy Hawkins – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central 9th Community Council – Douglas Flagler – Email: email@example.com
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
Start of Comment Period: April 28, 2023
End of Comment Period: June 12, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Brooke Olson, Principal Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.7118