Zoning Map Amendment
Gladiola Street Zoning Map Amendment
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00236
Current Zoning District: M-2 Heavy Manufacturing District
Proposed Zoning District: M-1 Light Manufacturing District
Overlay District: Airport Flight Path Protection Overlay, Zone B
Council District: District 2 – Represented by Alejandro Puy
Salt Lake City has received a request from Tony Sieverts of Gladiola Street, LLC, the property owner, to rezone the property located at approximately 680 South Gladiola Street from M-2 Heavy Manufacturing District to M-1 Light Manufacturing District. The stated intent of the proposed rezoning is to enable uses that are typically allowed within the M-1 district, including light manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution.
Located at approximately 680 South Gladiola Street.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Polar Grove Community Council where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. Contact information is below:
- Notice has also been sent to property owners, business owners, and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter. You will receive notice of that meeting when the date has been scheduled.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this process?
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Public Comment Period: June 20, 2023
- End of the Public Comment Period: August 7, 2023
Aaron Barlow, Principal Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.6182