Design Review & Planned Development
1546 S 300 W Apartments
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00001 and PLNPCM2023-00456
Zoning District: CG (General Commercial District)
Council District: D5 – represented by Darin Mano
Salt Lake City has received a request from Divelept Design for Design Review and Planned Development approval to construct a new multi-family project consisting of 407 units on several properties located at approximately 1546 S 300 W. The development would provide 407 off-street parking stalls, and the first floor would include amenity space and a leasing office fronting 300 West. The structure is proposed to be approximately 81 feet in height. Existing structures will be removed and replaced with the new development. The property is in the CG (General Commercial) zoning district.
Design Review approval is required for the following reasons:
Constructing a building that would be taller than 60 feet in height. (21A.26.070.F)
Planned Development approval is required for the following reasons:
In the CG zone, when building height above 60 feet is requested, additional landscaping must be provided that is equal to 10 percent of the floor area of the additional levels above 60 feet. The petitioner is requesting to reduce the required amount of additional landscaping. (21A.26.070.F.2)
Located at approximately 1546 S 300 W.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Ballpark Community Council, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows: Ballpark Community Council Chair // Amy Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-728-9151.
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: June 30, 2023
- End of Comment Period: August 14, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Michael McNamee, Principal Planner // email@example.com // 801.535.7226