Temporary Cell Tower on Fayette Ave
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00410
Application Type: Conditional Use
Project Location: 52 W Fayette Ave
Zoning District: D-2
Council District: 5 – represented by Darin Mano
The petitioner, Todd Daoust of Crown Castle representing the property owner, Lake Limited, is seeking Conditional Use approval for a temporary wireless telecommunications facility at the above-stated address. All monopoles located within the D-2 district require Conditional Use approval when they exceed the maximum permitted height, which is 120 feet. The proposed facility would be a monopole approximately 124 feet tall at its highest point. The intent of this proposal is to keep cellular service uninterrupted during the time between the demolition of the existing building and monopole (where the antennas are currently located) and the completion of a new building that is proposed to be 100 feet at its tallest point. After construction of the proposed building, the antennas would be moved to roof mounted facilities on the roof of the new building and the temporary monopole removed from the property.
Located at approximately 52 W Fayette Ave.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chairs of the Central Ninth and Ballpark Community Councils, where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows:
- Central Ninth – Douglas Mark Flagler, email@example.com
- Ballpark – Amy J Hawkins, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this process?
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: June 28, 2023
- End of Comment Period: August 13, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Katilynn Harris, Principal Planner // email@example.com // 801.535.6179