843 S Lake Street – Planned Development
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00422
Application Type: Planned Development
Project Location: 843 S Lake Street
Zoning District: SR-3 (Special Development Pattern)
Council District: 5 – represented by Darin Mano
Salt Lake City has received a Planned Development petition from Michael Colligan, the owner of 843 S Lake Street. The request is for approval of two new single-family homes. The existing home on site will be demolished. Through the Planned Development process, the applicant is proposing to subdivide the existing lot into two and modify the lot dimension standards within the SR-3 zoning district.
Planned Development approval is required for the north lot because it does not have the required 30 feet of public street frontage (18 feet is proposed). Additionally, because of the orientation of the home, a modification to the front yard setback (the setback from Lake Street) is requested. The south lot is also requesting a modification to the front yard setback from 13 feet to 10 feet.
Located at approximately 843 S Lake Street.
- Notice of this application has also been sent to the Chairs of East Central Community Council and East Liberty Park Community Council, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair of your respective organization to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur.
- Contact information regarding community councils can be found at www.slc.gov/community-councils/.
- Notice has been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: July 10, 2023
- End of Comment Period: August 21, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Krissy Gilmore, Senior Planner // email@example.com // 801.535.7780