Street Vacation – W 700 S
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00482
Project Location: A portion of W 700 S (at 5600 W)
Zoning District: CG
Overlay District: Airport Flight Path Overlay & Inland Port Authority Overlay
Council District: District 2 – represented by Alejandro Puy
Salt Lake City is reviewing a petition submitted by the property owners of 717 S 5600 W to “vacate” a portion of the street adjacent to their property to the north at W 700 S. Due to the lack of public use after the 5600 W Railroad crossing was completed by UDOT, the property owner would prefer to have this street be vacated. When a street or a portion of a street is vacated, it is no longer public property. In this case, the petitioner has requested to purchase this portion of the street right-of-way and include it in their property boundary.
The map below includes the approximate area under consideration.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Poplar Grove Community Council, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows: Esther Stowell, Chair: email@example.com.
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: July 7, 2023
- End of Comment Period: August 24, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Cassie Younger, Senior Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.6211