Simondi & 300 N Zone Map & General Plan Amendment
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00361 & PLNPCM2023-00499
Project Location: 803, 805, 807, & 815 W Simondi Ave, and 802, 806, 810, & 814 W 300 N
Application Type: Zoning Map & General Plan Amendment
Zoning District: R-1/7000: Single Family Residential
Overlay District: Airport Flight Path Protection Overlay, National Historic District
Council District: D2, represented by Alejandro Puy
Salt Lake City has received a request for a Zoning Map and General Plan Amendment Application for the following properties:
- 803, 805, 807, & 815 W Simondi Ave
- 802, 806, 810, & 814 W 300 N
This request is to rezone these properties from R-1/7000, Single Family Residential, to RMF-30, Low Density Multi-Family Residential: Additionally, in order to keep the proposed rezone consistent with the Northwest Community General Plan, the applicant has also submitted a request to amend the plan’s Future Land Use Map to redesignate the properties in question from Low Density Residential, to Medium Density Residential. The applicant is requesting this zoning map amendment in order to build low density affordable housing. No development plans have submitted at this time.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Fairpark Community Council, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for this Community Council is: Nigel Swaby, Chair, email@example.com or 801-634-4950.
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
- A public hearing with the Planning Commission has been scheduled for September 13, 2023. The Planning Commission will make a recommendation to the City Council for final action on the proposal.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: July 17, 2023
- End of Comment Period: August 31, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Cassie Younger, Senior Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.6211