Self-Guided Walking Tour: Join us for a self-guided walking tour of the Ballpark neighborhood to learn about the proposed Ballpark Station Area Rezones on Monday, October 2, 2023 from 5 – 7 PM // View Event Flyer
Yalecrest – Princeton Heights Local Historic District
Petition Number: PLNHLC2023-00044
Application Type: Local Historic District Designation
Zoning District: R-1/7,000 – Single-family Residential
Overlay District: Yalecrest Compatible Infill Overlay
Council District: 6 – Represented by Dan Dugan
The Salt Lake City Planning Division is reviewing a request to create a new local historic district known as Yalecrest – Princeton Heights. The proposed boundaries of the Yalecrest-Princeton Heights Local Historic District are approximately 1323 Princeton Avenue to 1500 East along Princeton Avenue. The subject properties are zoned R-1/7,000 (Single-family Residential District) and located within City Council District 6 represented by Dan Dugan.
Located approximately at Princeton Avenue between 1300 & 1500 East.
- Open House held per Salt Lake City Code 21A.34.020(C)(9). The proposed Local Historic District is located with 600 feet of four Recognized Organizations as follows: Yalecrest Neighborhood Council, East Liberty Park Community Organization, Wasatch Hollow Community Council, and KEEP Yalecrest. View contact information for these groups.
- Notice will be sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Historic Landmark Commission and Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Historic Landmark Commission & Planning Commission.
- The Historic Landmark Commission and the Planning Commission will then hold public hearings for additional public comments before forwarding recommendations to the City Council.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: August 31, 2023
- End of Comment Period: October 15, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Historic Landmark Commission and the Planning Commission.
Lex Traughber, Senior Planner // firstname.lastname@example.org // 801.535.6184