Self-Guided Walking Tour: Join us for a self-guided walking tour of the Ballpark neighborhood to learn about the proposed Ballpark Station Area Rezones on Monday, October 2, 2023 from 5 – 7 PM // View Event Flyer
California Avenue Design Review
Petition Number: PLNPCM2023-00586
Project Location: 1665 W California Ave
Application Type: Design Review
Zoning District: CC Commercial Corridor
Overlay District: Airport Flight Path Overlay
Council District: District 2 – Represented by Alejandro Puy
The Salt Lake City Planning Division has received a Design Review petition from Jared Forsyth, representing the property owner, to develop the property at approximately 1665 W California Ave. The proposal is to construct a new multifamily residential building with 24 units. Design Review approval by the Planning Commission is required for this proposal because they are requesting addition height for a maximum of 45’. The project site is located in the CC Commercial Corridor District.
This Design Review requires review and approval by Planning Commission prior to the development of the site. A public hearing with the Planning Commission has not been scheduled at this time.
Located at 1665 W California Ave.
- Notice of this application has been sent to the Chair of the Glendale Community Council. where the property is located, who may choose to schedule the matter at an upcoming meeting. Please contact the chair(s) of these organizations to determine whether a community council will review this petition and when and how that meeting will occur. The contact information for these groups is as follows: Turner Bitton, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notice has also been sent to property owners and residents within 300 feet of the project to obtain public input and comments on the proposal. Notified parties are given a 45-day period to respond before a public hearing with the Planning Commission can be scheduled.
- During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
- The Planning Commission will then hold a public hearing for additional public comments and make the final decision on the matter.
What is the role of the Planning Staff in this Process?
Planning Staff processes the application, communicates with the applicant to understand the project, and seeks input from the community.
Public Comments and Questions
We want to hear from you! To submit a comment or question please contact the staff planner via email or leave a voicemail, your questions will be answered within a week after the comment period has ended.
- Start of Comment Period: August 25, 2023
- End of Comment Period: October 9, 2023
During and following this comment period, the Planning Division will evaluate the proposal against the applicable zoning standards, taking into consideration public comments as they relate to the standards, and develop a recommendation for the Planning Commission.
Cassie Younger, Senior Planner // email@example.com // 801.535.6211