Salt Lake City


Contact SLCgreen (801) 535-6470 |

How to Use Call 2 Haul


Using Call 2 Haul​

This program is for large bulk items. It is not for “whole house” clean-out projects, large construction, or large landscaping projects.

Click here for PDF version of How to Use Call 2 Haul.

Como usar Call 2 Haul en español (PDF).

  • Determine what type of bulk items you would like to have collected by the City.

  • Locate your Salt Lake City Public Utilities (water bill) account number. Reminder: Call 2 Haul is only available to single-family houses, duplexes, and triplexes in Salt Lake City. Larger multi-family properties are not Salt Lake City waste & recycling customers. 
  • Use the online form or call (801) 535-6999 (Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) to request a pick-up. (Haga clic aquí para la versión en español)

    You will be asked the following questions:

  1. What is your Public Utilities (water bill) account number? This is necessary to schedule your collection. If you don’t have it, call us on the phone and we can look it up.
  2. What sort of material do you have for pickup?
  3. How much do you have?
  • We will contact you to confirm your exact collection week and specific day. (Thank you for your patience as we roll out this new program. We expect to continue streamlining the scheduling process over the coming weeks.)

  • Once you receive confirmation from the City, put your waste on the parking strip or curb to be collected. Note: Item(s) cannot be placed on the curb more than 24 hours in advance.

  • That’s it! We’ll collect your item(s) on your scheduled day and recycle, compost, donate, or dispose of it appropriately.

Accepted Materials

  • Large, bulky items such as furniture, mattresses, and appliances.

  • Green Waste that is over 6 inches in diameter (tree limbs and branches)

    • Green waste must be cut to no longer than 5 feet in length to fit into our compactor.

    • It is important to keep loose debris off the street and out of the gutters.​

    • Note: Trees in the park strip are City trees. It is unlawful to alter, remove, or prune City-owned trees for disposal through Call 2 Haul or any time of the year. Instead, please contact Salt Lake City Urban Forestry at (801) 972-7818 to submit a request for our professional arborists to service your park strip tree.  
    • If needed, you will be offered multiple brown compost containers for a large volume of miscellaneous green waste items, such as hedge trimmings, leaves, or bushes.

  • Bushes should be cut and placed in the brown compost containers. We’ll discuss your unique needs when you call to schedule your collection.

  • (New!) Electronic waste such as TVs, computers, printers, office equipment, mobile phones, stereos, etc.

  • (New!) Up to four (4) tires

  • Small, miscellaneous items should go into your weekly containers. If you have a large volume of small items, they can be disposed of through Call 2 Haul, but they do need to be in a box or bag, with a maximum weight of 60 pounds per bag or box.

Materials Not Accepted

  • Call 2 Haul is not a “pile” program. Rather, it is for disposing of large, bulky items.
  • Loose, small items are not permitted unless bagged or boxed.

  • No amount of dirt, sod, rocks, concrete or asphalt is permitted.

    • These loose, heavy items should be fed into your weekly garbage container​. Only fill your curbside container 25% full with these items at a time to avoid breaking it. Alternatively, a private hauler may be used.

  • Construction material is not permitted.

    • Private haulers should be contacted for construction/demolition debris or large clean-out projects.

  • Household hazardous waste, such as paints, pesticides, oil, fluorescent lights, batteries and other chemicals are not permitted through Call 2 Haul.

    • For more information on how to dispose of these items, call Salt Lake County at (385) 468-3862 or visit their website for disposal locations.

    • Attend an upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection event

  • Flammable or explosive material, such as aerosol cans, gas cans, propane tanks, etc.

    • Call your local fire station for disposal information, or call the Salt Lake County Health Department at (385) 468-3862.

      Call 2 Haul: Link to How to Use page

      Call 2 Haul: Link to FAQ page


We appreciate your feedback, suggestions & questions.

If you have further questions on this program, please email or call Salt Lake City’s Waste & Recycling line at (801) 535-6999.