See these community partners for information and resources on how to reduce, reuse, and recycle material that doesn’t belong in the blue curbside containers:
- Utah Recycling Alliance
- Recycle Utah (Summit County-based non-profit)
- Plastic Film Recycling
- Marko Foam – for recycling block Styrofoam (no packing peanuts or take-out containers)
- ACH Foam Technologies – for recycling block Styrofoam (no packing peanuts or take-out containers)
- Mattress recycling
- TerraCycle boxes for many types of items
- Clever Octopus is a local non-profit that accepts items used in arts and crafts projects at their Creative Reuse Center.
Additional Specialty Recyclers:
- Crayola Marker Recycling
- Wands for Wildlife – twice a year (in February and October) Wands for Wildlife collects used mascara wands for cleaning the fur and feathers of wild animals at wildlife refuges and rehabilitation centers.
- Textile recycling – some retailers periodically accept old clothing for recycling that is too worn to be reused. Direct questions to individual retailers.
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you hear of others!