Open Enrollment is here! Now is the opportunity for employees to learn about new benefits, get a refresher about currently offered benefits and enroll in any new benefits. Open Enrollment is May 1 – May 31 Remember, this is the only time you may enroll or make changes related to your coverage for certain benefits during the plan year, unless you experience a qualifying mid-year event. Any changes made during Open Enrollment will be effective July 1.
Use this checklist as a guide:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Accident Coverages
- Term Life Insurance
- SLC Voluntary Benefits
PLEASE REVIEW YOUR COVERAGE for you and your dependents and make any needed changes.
Later this year the City will be migrating to Workday. To ensure that our data migration goes smoothly we ask that you review your coverage very closely this year during Open Enrollment.
Determine if you want to enroll or re-enroll in any of the following tax-advantaged accounts.
Re-enrollment is required each year for those who choose to participate:
- Medical Flexible Spending Account: For those not enrolled in the a medical plan.
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account: Must be enrolled in both a HDHP and HSA. Dental and vision expenses only.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account: Please refer to page 11 of the Open Enrollment Guide for more information.
- Review your HSA contribution amount. Changes can be made any time during the year at www.pehp.org.
- Ensure your beneficiaries are up to date on all plans, including 401k, 457, IRA and HSA.
Our Benefits Team has a new email address! Reach out to use at Benefits@slcgov.com or call 801-535-6600 for help with your Open Enrollment questions.
We have a list of resources below for you to learn about he changes being made this year. Please take time to view these resources and enroll/make changes before May 31.
- Open Enrollment Guide (with medical plan grid)
- Open Enrollment Recorded Presentation
- Open Enrollment Presentation Slide Deck
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- PEHP’s Website
- SLC Voluntary Benefits Website
For information on benefits-related events, such as the Financial Fair, click here.
Benefits and Wellness
Information on Health & Flex Savings Accounts.
Information on Dental Coverage
Information on Vision Coverage.
Information on the new wellness program.
Information on the Employee only Clinic.
Resources and information for personal or work-life issues.
Learn about the leave options available to you.
Information on Short Term Disability.
Information on Long Term Disability
SLC’s dedicated employee assistance program for Public Safety Officers.
Information on life insurance options.
Information on retirement benefits for employees.
Information on how to save money with Dependent Care Flex Spending Account.
Information on employee tuition reimbursement.
Details and exclusions on Paid Leave.
Information on optional supplemental income protections.
Information on additional legal services.
Information on additional resources for SLC employees.
COBRA Continuation Coverage
Your health benefits end when you no longer work for the City. Learn how you can continue your coverage with COBRA.