Short Term Disability (SDI)
Effective July 1 2020, Salt Lake City’s Short-Term Disability Insurance (SDI) plan will be administered by The Hartford. This change was made after careful consideration during an RFP process involving members of the City’s Benefits Committee.
When filing your Short Term Disability Claim with The Hartford, you will have:
- Access to a team of Claims Analysts who can assist with your claim needs
- The convenience to file your claim over the phone
- The option of using The Hartford’s Ability Advantage online portal to track and management your claim status
- The option of using text updates to track your claim status
To file a SDI claim after July 1, 2020, please reach out to The Hartford Monday through Friday at 1-888-301-5615.
For employees covered under Plan B, SDI is provided by the City at no cost to the employee and provides income protection if you are unable to perform your duties due to a non-work related illness or injury. See Salt Lake City Voluntary Benefits for optional, additional coverages for purchase.
- Based on years of continuous City employment, benefit is paid at 662/3% or 100% of monthly salary up to 12 weeks (See chart below).
- Benefits are paid through direct deposit.
- Claims are administered by a third-party, Disability Insurance Services.
- SDI can run concurrent with FMLA.
For more information, see the full SDI Booklet.
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 801-535-7121 | F: 801-535-6255
|Length of Employment||Benefit Period 100%||Benefit Period 66 2/3%|
|0 – 6 months||2 weeks||None|
|6 months – 2 years||2 weeks||4 weeks|
|2 – 4 years||4 weeks||4 weeks|
|4 – 6 years||6 weeks||6 weeks|
|6 – 8 years||10 weeks||2 weeks|
|8 – 10 years||11 weeks||1 week|
|10 years +||12 weeks||None|
Contact the Leave Coordination Team at 801-535-7121 if you have any questions about which form(s) you need to fill out for your situation.