Long Term Disability
LTD disability provides a benefit of 662/3% of your base monthly salary as long as you meet the provider’s criteria OR their ‘test of disability.’ Find the Test of Disability in each policy detail below.
- Your monthly LTD benefit will begin after a 90 day elimination period from the date of disability.
- Monthly non-taxable benefit is 662/3% of monthly salary (taxable for City premium paid plans for Police and Fire).
- LTD benefit is reduced when you receive income from other sources (i.e., Social Security, retirement, etc.).
- While receiving disability, your medical & life premiums are eligible for a partial or full premium waiver for a period of time. Contact Kate Blackwood for more information (801-535-6304).
- Certain conditions have an LTD benefit limit of 24 months – see the full LTD policy for details.
- URS service credit continues to accrue while receiving SDI or LTD benefits and if permanently disabled, LTD benefit may continue until you meet URS retirement eligibility as long as you meet the Test of Disability.
Full Policy Details
City Employees covered under URS Tiers 1 & 2
- Aetna LTD enrollment is voluntary. See Policy Details
City Employees covered under URS Tier 1 Firefighter
- Tier 1 Fire: Aetna LTD enrollment is voluntary. See Policy Details
- Tier 1 Fire: URS Disability Retirement, See Policy Details
City Employees covered under URS Tier 2 Firefighter
- Tier 2 Fire: PEHP LTD is provided to all Tier 2 Firefighters and paid in full through the City’s pension contribution, See Policy Details
City Employees covered under URS Tiers 1 & 2 Public Safety
- Police Tier 1 & 2: Aetna LTD is provided at no cost to police officers, See Policy Details