Besides online training Employee University offers many instructor-led courses. This type of training is facilitated by an in-person instructor in a classroom setting. Instructor-led training allows for learners and instructors or facilitators to interact and discuss the training material in a group setting.
For upcoming instructor-led courses check out the LMS calendar HERE.
REAL TALK: Creating REAL Conversations for Results
The REAL TALK training teaches principles and skills that affect every conversation you hold. You will be able to increase personal engagement and begin to create a culture of accountability. When you can really talk about what matters most, you strengthen performance and productivity. Participants in the REAL TALK training learn to work together to resolve conflict and create solutions to pressing challenges. They also gain an understanding of what makes some people seem “difficult” and learn how to establish connections and increase rapport
- Do you find it challenging to communicate with impact, especially when it involves feedback to or from other people?
- Do you struggle to resolve conflict when the people involved get emotional?
- Do you find it hard to deal with difficult people who let their differences get in the way of solutions?
Active Shooter Preparedness
- June 18, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM, EU Learning Center
Beginners Guide to Project Dox
- June 18, 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Cognos Reporting, IMS Training Room
- First Wednesday of each month, April through September (7/3, 8/7, 9/4)
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Raise Respect Part III, The Multi-Generational Workplace, EU Learning Center
- July 11, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Raise Respect Part III, When to Report Harassment, EU Learning Center
- June 17, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- June 18, 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
- June 19, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- June 24, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- June 26, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- June 27, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Job Interview Skills—Learn some best practices for successful interviewing. Be prepared for your next interview by practicing some of the more difficult and commonly used interview questions. This course is open to all City employees. Register here.
Resume Writing—Learn tips and tricks to enhance your resume format and content. We’ll also discuss what recruiters are looking for when reviewing resumes. This course is open to all City employees. Register here.