Water Conservation Plan 2020
Salt Lake City Department of Public Utilities is finalizing an update of its water conservation plan. Working with Bowen Collins & Associates, Inc., the Department has prepared this Plan in accordance with the State of Utah Conservation Plan Act 73-10-003200, as well as under guidelines outlined in the American Water Works Association Manual M52: Water Conservation Programs and the State’s Regional Conservation Goals.
At its simplest, water conservation is the effort of learning to use less water while maintaining quality-of-life standards do more with less, not doing without. There are many reasons to conserve water, and for a community, it makes sense to plan that conservation effort. Planning helps:
- quantify water supply, assess historical demand, and establish appropriate goals
- ensure that water conservation programs are adequate to achieve established goals
- communicates complex issues that affect short- and long-term conservation efforts
- convey the need to conserve, identify tools and resources, and builds a shared purpose that motives us all to achieve the desired, and necessary, conservation goals.
The Conservation Plan will:
- Provide information regarding current and future water supply and water demand.
- Analyze historical water use.
- Establish 5-, 10-, and 40-year water conservation goals to ensure that our precious and limited water resources meet our needs now and into the future.
Download the plan
Download the presentation
Recorded: Townhall Presentation of Conservation Plan
Take the survey
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For more information on how to save water, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org